2022: Democratic Delegate and Convention Calendar
March 21, 2022: OSDTC MEETING: Old Saybrook: DTC and OS Registered Democrats nominate delegates for all conventions:
March 24, 2022: ZOOM CALL: Endorsement of Delegates for State Convention.
March 30 2022 Delegate Certification Forms due to OS Town Clerk by 4 pm and CTDEMS
Conventions and Number of Delegates for Old Saybrook:
- State Convention: US Senate, Governor , Lt Governor, Secretary of State, Attorney General, Treasurer, Comptroller # of OS Delegates: 8.
Dates: May 6 and 7. Hartford. In person
- US House of Representatives: District 2 Joe Courtney is the candidate.
# of OS Delegates: 8. Convention Date: May 9th. Location: TBA.
- Connecticut State Senate Conventions: Old Saybrook has 2 State Senate Districts.
1. CT State Senate District 20 represents OS Voting District #1 (votes at the Middle School). Martha Marx Is the candidate for the SS 20th district. # of OS Delegates allowed: 3. Convention Date: May 10th Location: TBA
NOTE: You must be a registered voter and live in Old Saybrook Voting District 1 to be a delegate to the State Senate District 20 Convention.
2. CT State Senate District 33 represents OS Voting District #2 (votes at the High School) Norm Needleman is the candidate. # of OS Delegates allowed: 5. Convention Date: May 10th. Location of District 33 Convention: TBA
NOTE: You must be a registered voter and live in Old Saybrook Voting District 2 to be a delegate to the State Senate District 33 Convention.
- CT State House of Representatives (General Assembly) District 23. Currently there is no announced candidate in the 23 House District. # of OS delegates allowed: 8. Convention date: May 11th. Location .
- CT Probate District 33: Judge of Probate, Jeannine Lewis Convention Date: May 12th. Location: TBA. Number of Delegates: 8. Candidate: TBA
Anyone interested in attending a convention, email MaryAnn Iadarola, Vice Chairman, firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify which Convention you want. Nominations will also be accepted from the floor, on March 21st.